Would you like to get mind and body fit without leaving your home?
Hypnotherapy in my virtual clinic could be the answer.
As well as being trained in hypno-psychotherapy, I’m also trained in online therapy. Where you’re located really doesn’t matter anymore as the clinic and all its benefits can come to you!
The benefits of online hypnotherapy
- It’s convenient
- There’s no need to travel or pay for parking
- It’s accessible
- You may feel more comfortable in your own surroundings
- You may prefer to type rather than talk
- Your session can form part of your pre-race prep at home
What computer software is used for online hypnotherapy?
I use telemedicine software called VSee to provide all therapy in the virtual clinic. VSee is used by many healthcare providers to provide confidential online healthcare services.
VSee was created by a team of Stanford University human computer interaction scientists and it’s used by many healthcare providers, particularly in the USA. Even NASA’s astronauts use VSee on the International Space Station! VSee is free and can be used on your computer. There’s also a VSee app that you can download to your smartphone or tablet. VSee allows us to use instant messages, video calling or a combination of both, depending on what you’d like to get from your session.
The benefit of instant messages
Another perk of the virtual clinic is that we can use instant chat messages to conduct the session. This can replace the talking part of a hypnotherapy session, or if you don’t want hypnotherapy, we can just ‘chat’ for the entire duration. Relay chat can be a good choice if you find it easier to write down how you’re feeling rather than talking about it.
The benefit of video calling
Video calling through VSee is just like Skype or Facetime. We can see and talk to each other on camera just as if we were both in the same room. Video calling can be used for both the talking part of the session and hypnosis.
What?! No Skype or Facetime?!
Skype and Facetime are not approved for use by my professional organisation (UKCP) due to confidentiality concerns. Your online safety and confidentiality are of utmost importance to me and this is why I use VSee. It offers the same functionality as Skype and it’s free but has none of the confidentiality concerns. It’s also fully HIPAA compliant.
How does a hypnotherapy appointment in the virtual clinic work?
- Give me a call or contact me to book an appointment
- We’ll arrange a time to have an initial telephone consultation (free)
- During the initial telephone consultation, we’ll discuss what your goals are and whether online therapy is suitable
- If we agree to work together, I’ll send you some forms to return to me in advance of your session
- You’ll need to download the VSee app or software if you don’t already have it
- I’ll provide you with my VSee contact details and we’ll agree a mutually convenient time for you to video call or message me
- I’ll ask you to pay for your session via bank transfer or PayPal before your session
- At the arranged time I’ll be waiting for your call or chat message
Remember to call or message me from a quiet, private place where you can relax and feel physically comfortable. I also ask that you have a telephone (mobile or landline) available in the unlikely event we become disconnected.