Did you know that only 20% of weight loss is attributed to exercise? A whopping 80% is down to what you eat! The saying “You are what you eat” therefore really rings true.
At Aurora we’re able to offer nutrition evaluations in line with government healthy eating guidelines. All you have to do is keep an honest and accurate food diary of what you eat and drink over a 7 day period and we’ll analyse it for you.
What you’ll receive
- A summary of your dietary intake against government recommended allowances. This may include areas where you’re eating or drinking too much or not enough of something.
- We may recommend some areas where you can improve your diet; this will be done in a generic way. For example: You eat too much saturated fat so switch your sausages for some lower fat alternatives.
- We can help you with understanding food labelling.
- If you fall too far outside the recommended daily allowance (RDA) in many areas, we may refer you to your GP and recommend you see a dietician for a more detailed analysis of your diet.
What we can’t do
- We’re unable to make recommendations over supplementation. You’ll need to see a dietician for that.
Getting the most out of your evaluation
- The more accurate you are with your food diary, the more accurate your assessment will be. If you are unsure about the exact quantities, please provide your best guess.
- The UK government provides a set of guidelines regarding recommended daily allowances for food intake. Your actual nutritional intake will be measured against these government guidelines.
- We ask for a food diary for a full week. This is so we can get a better indication of your average dietary intake and provides a more accurate reflection of your general nutrient intake, rather than a snapshot of a particular day.
- It’s important not to get too hung up on the results. For most people it’s not too critical if you deviate from the recommended values occasionally.