Written by Nat Young – Clinical Hypno-Psychotherapist and Yoga/Pilates Teacher
Perhaps you’ve been thinking about joining an online yoga or pilates class for a while but you’ve had doubts in your mind over how you’d get on with one.
I’m not naturally flexible and I have a naturally muscular physique. When I first started on my journey into the yoga and pilates world, I believed that I had to be super bendy and I had to look a certain way to take part. Let me reassure you that this absolutely isn’t the case. Yoga and Pilates is for all. Whether you’re small, large, muscular, bendy, stiff, young, old or otherwise. My philosophy as a Yoga and Pilates Teacher is to teach you to work with and celebrate what you’ve got, not exacerbate feelings of inadequacy because you don’t look a certain way.
In my classes you’ll notice:
- Poses don’t have to look a particular way. It’s more about what you feel than what you look like.
- Cameras aren’t mandatory during class so if you’re feeling self-conscious, don’t worry. Of course, it would be good to say hello at the start and end of class (only if you feel comfortable though!)
- No ‘levelled’ classes. Beginners are welcome at all classes.
- Suggested modifications will be available for many yoga poses and pilates exercises. You can choose to follow them anytime, whether that’s because you’re just starting out or because you’re just not feeling it that day. How much you want to challenge yourself is up to you.
- There’s no ego and no judgement in my classes. We’re all on different journeys and that journey is very personal to you.
- Whether you come to class for a physical workout, for mental health reasons, or for a bit of yoga philosophy, you’ll receive a good balance of information from me during class so you’re bound to find something that resonates with you.
- Each class contains uplifting music to boost your mood (and we have class themes to match!)
- Motivation and accountability on tap when you need it! All you have to do is turn up…
What are you waiting for? Hop onto an online class with me, live on Zoom or On Demand anytime.