There’s a fantastic video to watch below illustrating the process of making small changes to reach a fitness goal.
Note: This process can be applied to other goals too!
Here’s the process:
- First identify where you are (and accept it). This is your benchmark.
- Think about what you like/dislike about being where you are and why you want to change it. This is very important!
- Decide where you want to be. This is your ultimate fitness goal. Make it realistic and achievable.
- Think about what small steps you can take to start moving yourself towards that fitness goal. These are ‘mini goals’.
- As hard as it may be, start telling yourself “I can”.
- Start taking small steps towards your goal – you’re now making changes!
- Accept that there will be setbacks and persevere. Change takes time.
- Take the time to look back on the progress you’ve made regularly. You’ll soon see how far you’ve come!
Why not try adopting this mindset before your next fitness session?
Just watch this amazing lady conquer box jumps in the gym using this process:
Need help with your goal?
If you would like an extra helping hand, we provide hypnotherapy and psychotherapy to help you reach goals. Contact us to see how we can help.