There’s a fantastic video to watch below illustrating the process of making small changes to reach a fitness goal.
- First identify where you are (and accept it). This is your benchmark.
- Think about what you like/dislike about being where you are and why you want to change it. This is very important!
- Decide where you want to be. This is your ultimate fitness goal. Make it realistic and achievable.
- Think about what small steps you can take to start moving yourself towards that fitness goal. These are ‘mini goals’.
- As hard as it may be, start telling yourself “I can”.
- Start taking small steps towards your goal – you’re now making changes!
- Accept that there will be setbacks and persevere. Change takes time.
- Take the time to look back on the progress you’ve made regularly. You’ll soon see how far you’ve come!
Just watch this amazing lady conquer box jumps in the gym using this process:
My healthy eating & exercise programs: https://www.emilyskye.com/fit~My beautiful 60 year old mum been doing my F.I.T. Programs to get healthy and fit. I took her to the gym with me the other day and she watched me do box jumps and wanted to do them too but said "I CAN'T" I told her "you CAN"So she started with just a plate and worked her way up …and she did it! I'm so proud of her! Persistence really does pay off. ?Remember it's all about progression! It doesn't matter where you start – just as long as you DO start!It's never to late to become the best you can be. ☺️?
Posted by Emily Skye on Thursday, 3 November 2016
Need help to achieve a fitness goal?
If you would like some help achieving your fitness goals, get in touch!